Immigration Regulations for Vietnam
by Ha Ly
(Ho Chi Minh City)
• Entry visa exempted for the following countries' citizens holding official passport:
15 Republic of Korea
16 PDR Korea
Entry visa exempted for the following countries' citizens holding ordinary passport:
• The following countries' citizens were taken the visa dispensation if having the ordinary passports for abroad missions:
03 DPR Korea
06 Mông Cõ
Singapore and Malaysia citizens members of ASEAN Secretarial Staff are free of charge of visa fee if holding the Ordinary Passport for aboard missions.
1. Foreigners entering or exiting into/from Vietnam must hold a valid Passport or relevant personal documents that are issued by relevant authorized Vietnamese Government agencies, unless holding a diplomatic passport.
2.Foreigners apply for entry visa at Immigration Management Agency on behalf of Ministry of Police, or General Consulate Office on behalf of Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Foreign Affairs Office.
3. Persons under 14 years of age and informed coming along notification with adults will be exempted for entry visa.
4. Foreigners want to enter Vietnam and can apply for entry visa at Vietnamese international frontier passes in following cases:
a) Attending a relative's funeral ,or visiting an illness relative.
b) Deriving from countries that Foreign Affairs Representative Agencies of Vietnam or General Consulate Office of Vietnam do not exist officially in that countries.
c) Travelling to Vietnam guided by a Vietnamese International Tourism companies.
d) Technical supporting in cases of emergency needs ,giving first aid to serious illness persons, giving first aid to the casualties, natural calamity helping, epidemic diseases in Vietnam.
5. Visa in Vietnam permits entrance or exiting into/from through Vietnamese International frontier passes.